Rabu, 25 Juli 2012

Love it and the old Classics

Moon River Andy Williams

Moon River Andy Williams

Film scores (as opposed to "song soundtracks") tend to get a bad rap, and the reasons baffle me a bit. To each his or her own, I suppose, but film scoring is an art unto itself, and I really appreciate the composers who can write one that not only supports the movie, but stands on its own away from the film.

The score for "Bee Movie" does just that. As Mark and Glenn noted, it's a worthy addition to anyone's film score collection, and it's a big feather in Rupert Gregson-Williams' hat.

If you're not into film scores and just want the songs, you can find "Sugar Sugar" at Amazon's MP3 store or iTunes for a buck. And if you want "Here Comes the Sun," do yourself a favor: forget Crow's lackluster cover and get the original. You'll have to buy a CD ("Abbey Road" or "1") but not only will you get a much better performance of the song, you'll get a lot of other great music along with it.

Get your Moon River Andy Williams Now!

6 komentar:

  1. I am directing a talent show, and I have a group of kids that need an easy song that really shows off their voices. We want slow, inspirational songs to really move the audience.

    BalasHapus
  2. For school, we need to bring in a ballad to recite to the class, what are a few popular, modern ballads kids would know?

    BalasHapus
  3. Im a 14 year old girl and i don't know what to sing for the talent show. I want to sing a love song and dedicate it to my boyfriend so he knows i love him. I can reach some high notes but i can't go low. I am in love with Carrie Underwood and Evanescence and Kelly Clarkson.

    BalasHapus
  4. I have been asked to play some 'background music' for the year 10 boarder Mocktail evening at my school next week. I am a skilled pianist, and can play most styles of music. Just not entirely sure what's suitable, and what sort of music they actually want (not that they're interested anyway).

    BalasHapus
  5. I'm auditioning to be in AP Chorus next year and I have to sing a song. I don't really know what to sing but I really like slow songs about love and stuff. Your guardian angel-The red jumpsuit apparatus is a great example of a song that I'd like to sing. I have an alto voice.

    BalasHapus
  6. I am just watching Strictly Come Dancing and cringe every time Bruce Forsythe cracks a pathetic joke and now Andy Williams, who was once a wonderful singer has just murdered Moon River.

    BalasHapus